17 more tidbits from the con!
1. The creators of Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade and doing a more adult comic for Image called “Danger Club” about superheroes beating the hell out of each other.
2. The protest against the DC reboot garnered an incredibly tiny turnout. Not that it’s super surprising.
3. Avatar: The Last Airbender is getting a sequel called the Legend of Korra, which is getting a ton of buzz. Here’s a link!
4. In the tradition of DC hiring apparently “the best” here’s some of Leifeld’s Hawk and Dove artwork. Feh.
5. Shannon Wheeler won the best humor Eisner for his GN “I thought You Would be Funnier.”
6. Gail Simone, through the magic of the internet, got to meet up with the woman who was asking DC all of those awkward questions about female characters and the percentage of women who are creators in the New 52.
7. Marvel introduces their Spider Island story which gives the other Spider-Man cast Peter’s powers. Including Mary Jane.
8. The Dark Phoenix Tonner doll is over priced, but fabulous.
9. It’s being rumored that the real break out hit of the New 52 is going to Justice League: Dark, which features Zatanna, John Constantine, and awesome magic.
10. Kevin Kellar, Archie’s first ever openly gay character, is getting his own series.
11. The bottom half of Supergirl’s new costume looks psychotically uncomfortable.
13. The Supernatural panel garnered the usual levels of internet hate toward show runner Sera Gamble. Tumblr is full of people asking her to step down, and joking about going to San Diego to slip something in her drink. HOW FUNNY! Keep in mind most of the Supernatural fandom are women, but I can’t help but think if she was a dude like former show runner Eric Kripke, they wouldn’t say these things.
14. IO9 has the comic con scoop on the new Snow White and the Huntsmen movie that’s going to start filming, plus pretty photos! Despite my loathing of Kristen Stewart’s work (Thanks, Twilight!) this looks pretty fun.
15. Check out some fabulous Marvel cosplay, guys!
16. The big Avengers movie poster is boy heavy, but cool-looking.
17. Dan Didio dodged more questions about equality today. I know we’re all so surprised. But at least Gail Simone seems to be treating Barbara Gordon with some respect, and she hinted that two very cool, underrated female characters might show up.