CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The Department of State Health Services (DSHS) HIV/STD Program, in partnership with the Center for Health Training (CHT) and Workers Assistance Program (WAP), is conducting a call for presentations for the 16th Texas HIV/STD Conference, scheduled for May 18-22, 2008 at the Renaissance Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas. This event is designed for HIV/STD health professionals who serve Texans living with and affected by HIV and other STDs. Presentations should support the overall conference goal and objectives:
GOAL: The goal of the Texas HIV/STD Conference is to enhance the capacity of HIV/STD health professionals to effectively serve Texans living with and affected by HIV and other STDs.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of the conference, participants will:
- demonstrate an enhanced capacity for providing effective HIV/STD prevention and intervention;
- demonstrate an enhanced capacity for providing effective HIV/STD care;
- demonstrate an enhanced awareness of the epidemiology of HIV, STDs and related co-infections; and/or
- demonstrate an enhanced capacity for ensuring the quality of HIV/STD programs.
PRESENTATION FORMAT: Breakout presentations will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours) in length. Presenters are encouraged to allot time for questions and answers at the conclusion of their proposed presentation(s).
PRESENTATION EVALUATION: Proposed presentations will be evaluated by the Conference Planning Committee (CPC). The CPC will recommend presentations for inclusion in the agenda based on:
- how well the presentation supports the conference goal, objectives, and priority topics;
- the choice of appropriate teaching methods for the proposed presentation;
- the strength of the content outline and presentation overview; and
- presenter experience and knowledge regarding the proposed topic.
SUBMISSION: Submit completed applications only to Dan Warr at firstname.lastname@example.org . Electronic submission is required. A Microsoft Word version of this application can be found online at www.dshs.state.tx.us/hivstd/conference/2008/.
DUE DATE: Applications submitted after December 7, 2007 will not be evaluated by the CPC.
Additional information about the conference can be found at www.hshs.state.tx.us/hivstd/conference/2008 .
Venton C. Jones Jr.
Texas HIV/STD Conference Committee
“If we are to achieve results never before accomplished, we must employ methods never before attempted.”