four five myths TV and film seem determined to push, and over the next few days, I’m going to take a light-hearted look at each of them in detail. And not necessarily in this order (being female, and therefore prone to change my mind on a whim):
• All females have elaborate fantasies about their wedding days.
• All women want to get married, and will eventually pressure their poor boyfriends about it.
• All women feel at least some urge to have babies at some point.
• All women have maternal instincts.
• All women would hands down prefer to watch a romantic comedy over any other type of movie or TV show, or The Chick Flick Myth. (Added May 9, by request of Firebird.)
If you’re female, and one or more of these aren’t true of you, it’s okay: you’re not alone. You’re not a freak. TV and film may be determined to bury all indication of your existence in a deep, deep hole, but what do they know? TV spent its first 15+ years in denial that married couples share a bed. How can you believe anything it tells you?